Q: What can help with external itching?

211 total views

You’re experiencing external genital itching, especially after sex. You’ve been menopausal for a number of years now, and use a lubricant and Estrace Cream (estradiol) prescribed by your doctor. 

I would recommend that you try Epigyn, which is a vulvar calming/soothing product. I’d recommend using it at least daily, preferably two times a day, to alleviate vulvar irritation and to improve the quality of the skin of the vulva. 

My patients typically well-tolerate silicone lubricant, like Uberlube or Pink Silicone. Both provide glide with medical-grade silicone. 

I also recommend you continue the Estrace cream, which provides estrogen to support tissue health.

Share this Post

About Us

Celebrating our best lives at fifty and beyond! 50ismorefun brings you motivational news and stories centered around life, fitness, fashion, money, travel and health for active folks enjoying the second half of lives.