Quick & Easy Hairstyles for Curly Hair
Versatility is one of the best things about naturally curly hair! Natural body and curl patterns make it easy to rock an updo, half-up look, and everything in between. By keeping the curl in your hair with a high-quality keratin shampoo, you can look flawless and out the door in no time.
The half-up bun works perfectly for both long and short hair. Start by adding some hair oil or product.
- Just like French braids, take a small section of hair on the top of your head from the temples to the back of your head. How much hair you include in the section is a matter of preference.
- Tie the section into a ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Pull out some hair from the ponytail for a little volume and a messy effortless look.
- You can just tie the ponytail into a knot if you have thick hair. If not, twist the ponytail then twist it around itself and secure it using bobby pins.
- It might take some tries to get it to look the way you like. But once you do, you will be able to create it perfectly in no time!
Flat Twist Ponytail
A flat twist ponytail is a customizable hairstyle that’s perfect as a first step to achieving bouncy curls (twist-out), as the base of a flattering updo, or as a hairstyle in itself. It comprises two or more twists done on the scalp.
- Wash and condition your hair. It is best to flat twist on clean, damp hair.
- Part your hair from the front to the back. The sectioning depends on your preference and how you would like to position your style.
- Starting with one section, twist your hair inward from the front to the back.
- Once you complete the first side, use bobby pins to keep the twist in place then work on the other side.
- Gather all your hair and create a low pony using a hair tie.
- This style is an easy one to create, and if done securely, can even last a few days!
A high ponytail is one of the simplest on this list! It doesn’t require any detailed steps or procedures and virtually no tools.
- Brush your hair to remove tangles and knots. Make sure to brush it towards the crown. If your hair is still looking a bit messier than you’d like, try adding a gel and brushing the front section of your hair smoothly.
- Gather all your hair to the highest point on your head.
- Use a scrunchie to secure it in place.
- Viola! And you are done. If you missed some stray hairs, use a toothbrush to smooth them out with some extra gel, or you can even pull out a few curls to frame your face!
Whatever hair texture is, a messy bun is perfect for all occasions. From messy buns with bangs, through high messy buns, to glamorous messy buns, there are tons of options! The beauty of a messy bun is to appear effortless, and know that any errors you make while styling it will look intentional.
- Put your hair into a ponytail using a scrunchie. It’s up to you whether you comb it first to remove knots or not (depending on how messy you’re looking for).
- Twist the ponytail loosely into a bun around the hair tie.
- Use bobby pins to secure the bun.
A braided hairline hairstyle consists of French braids along your hairline on one or both sides. It frames your face nicely and amplifies the fullness of your curls.
- Comb your hair and let it fall on all sides front, back, left, and right. Brush it out to make it smooth and easy to braid.
- Using a comb, separate your hairline from the rest of the hair. How thick the section at the front should depend on how thick you want your braid.
- Grab three strands from the front section and start braiding parallel to your hairline. Add more hair to your side sections with each twist of the braid.
- When you braid up to the ear, secure it with a bobby pin and repeat the step above on the other side.
- Remove the bobby pins and work your hair into a low ponytail, or bun, or leave your curls out – up to you!
French braiding can take a little bit of practice, but once you’ve got the technique down it is a simple and timeless style!
These heatless styles are a great option for days when you’re just looking to get out the door quickly. There is no right or wrong way, just confidently wear your hair for a beautiful look!
LivingBetter50 is a magazine for women over 50, offering an over 50 magazine free download for women with spirit!