Monday Musings- Pillow Talk and Cabernet
Happy Monday, ladies. Back in May, I began my search for the “perfect” pillow to help me sleep in a position that would not create more permanent sleep lines on my face.
As a dedicated side sleeper, breaking that habit has been tough, but I finally succeeded. One of the tricks is putting a small pillow under the back of my knees. The other is having a great pillow under my head.
After days of researching and going down the Google rabbit hole, I found this Envy Pillow. It was developed by 2 nurses with decades of experience. Spinal health was their first priority, and preventing sleep-induced wrinkles was a close second. When I found their website, I was beside myself with excitement, but they were sold out. On a whim, I called their toll-free number and Kathy, one of the nurses, answered! We had a long chat, and she explained all about their pillows and offered to send me one to try when they were back in stock. I waited and waited and waited, and it finally arrived.
Now for some the details:
- It’s made from 100% natural certified latex, undyed 100% cotton, natural pure Copper, eco-loving TENCEL™️ lyocell fibers, and pure OEKO-TEX®️ certified Silk.
- It slowly encourages you to sleep on your back which is the best way to sleep for your face and neck.
- It is the only pillow that is infused with copper. Copper is naturally anti-microbial and kills 99.9% of bacteria, fungi, and viruses in 24 hours.
- It’s extremely effective as a TMJ relief pill by decreasing pain due to unwanted pressure on the joint while sleeping.
- The enVy pillow also facilitates less pressure on the bottom shoulder and has been recommended by Chiropractors to patients with shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, chronic pain, and numbness/pins and needles that many side sleepers get. I used to get a numb arm all the time with my old pillow.
These are sold on the Envy websites, in Medispas, in chiropractor offices, wellness centers, and doctors’ offices. There are a few different types, but this one has all the bells and whistles. I’m so crazy about this pillow, so was excited when they offered to let me be an affiliate with them.
If you want to stop smashing your face into the pillow, I can wholeheartedly recommend this Envy pillow. There is a lot more information on their website if you’re interested.
I got to the mall for the first time in several weeks and discovered plentiful amounts of wine, plum, and cool tones for fall. I tried several on, which I’ll have for you later in the week. I went home and immediately dug out this old woven bag I haven’t used in years. I store my handbags in dust covers, do you? While I was at it, I took out my wine-colored lipstick and discovered it was too intense, so I’ll be looking for a softer, deep lipstick for fall. What’s your favorite?
Several weeks ago, I shared the story of this amazing pearl necklace that they named after me. He only had two left at the time, which sold out quickly. Brian just let me know that he has received a new shipment of ten in time for the holidays. He’s so kind to offer my readers 15% off with the code AWSL.
Never Leave Home Without This
I’m in Nashville for a very short blog retreat with several of my favorite fashion bloggers. It’s a tough crowd to pack for because clothing and style are their gigs. I always toss a tin of Hollywood Fashion tape in my bag, and it saved the day again!
Shoulder bag straps are notorious for looking sloppy. As we were changing to head out to dinner last night, I noticed mine was looking particularly tacky. Luckily I had my trusty tin of tapes and used it to stick the excess strap down which worked like a charm.
It’s basically a strong, double-sided clear tape I use for tons of things. This is also what I use to keep my shirts from gapping between buttons.
Have you tried the Hollywood Fashion Tape?
Thanks for reading, and be sure to wear what makes you feel confident.
SHOP MY LOOKS
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO SHOP THE ITEMS
Do you ever feel discouraged? Maybe like you’re not doing enough? I’ve been battling that feeling lately, and it…