Would You Wear It-Modern Classics
Happy Saturday, ladies. It’s time for would you wear it. Each Saturday, my friend Pam and I share a mannequin we’ve come across and ask if you would wear what it’s modeling. I also like you to share how you might style the pieces to work for your shape and lifestyle. So many of you have creative and unique ways of styling pieces that help inspire other readers to think outside their style box.
We’re not discussing the cost of these items, just the style. Would you wear wide-leg chinos? How? Please share your styling ideas with us.
Popular on AWSL this week-
Some picks from the weekend sales-
ATHLETA is giving 25% off select pieces until the 6th with the code MEMBERS. It’s totally free to sign up to be a member, and it works across all their brands, Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy.
- These pull-on wide linen pants hit my cart in the Borealis green. They’re called wide, but they look like a regular trouser leg width to me. I’ve learned to ignore the random names that brands put on their garments. These linen pants do appear wide leg.
- I snagged this dress for travel, in petite. The white is sheer for layering, so I bought the black.
J JILL is giving 30% off full-priced pants. The sale ends tomorrow.
LOFT is giving 40% off your purchase with the code HOORAY.
J CREW has up to 50% off some new spring styles. BTW- it’s free to sign up for their passport club, and it gives you free shipping. Here’s what caught my eye-
- these slim, wide leg jeans sound like a great weight and fit. They’re on sale in the lighter wash, which I prefer for spring anyway. I’m ordering the reg because that would make them ankle-length on me.
- white jean season is almost upon us, and these full-length boot-cut jeans are marked down in white
- how pretty is this striped shirt in rose or kiwi? The solids are amazing too!
- the new spring colors in their classic Jackie cardigan just scream spring
- I love the look of this straw Sedona bag for spring/summer. It has great reviews and comes in some new colors…I ordered it in white 🙂
- I love woven leather belts because there are no holes, and you can adjust them to the exact length you need. This one comes in five great colors. I especially love the icy blue to wear with white and pale-washed jeans this spring.
- this gauze popover has great reviews. I ordered the orchid and aqua
Now let’s see what Pam’s mannequin is modeling at https://over50feeling40.com
Thanks for reading and being part of our community!
You’ve probably heard of REI, Backcountry and even Dick’s Sporting Goods as some great online retailers where you can…