FIVE REASONS YOU SHOULD HAVE A KIMONO IN YOUR CLOSET
Five reasons you should have a Kimono in your closet
Good Morning, friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! We had a great time on Cinco de Mayo with our son, daughter-in-law, and a few other friends eating Mexican food and drinking margaritas (not me, I only drink wine). My husband and I went to our favorite reflexology place and got a fabulous foot rub after dinner, and a few hours after we got home and went to sleep, he was up barfing his guts out all night. I think he picked up a bug while traveling last week. Anyway, the rest of the weekend was boring. I also postponed my trip to LA yesterday. My mom and I were going, but the littles have been sick in LA, and I was afraid that if I were contagious, I would pass that along. Ugghhh! We rescheduled for the end of the month to head that way! The weather will probably be a lot better and a perfect time to pull out my tees, tanks, and Kimonos to take with me.
Speaking of Kimonos, I love to wear them in the summer. They are versatile and can be worn in many places and over any bottom or dress you choose. They are lightweight but keep your arms warm or covered. I love jeans and tees in the summer but they. are just that, jeans and a tee. An added third piece, like a Kimono, gives it more of a “chic factor.” I think my look is perfect for a concert or even a girls’ night out (you can tell by this post that I love them in the summer)
- They are versatile– They can be worn over various outfits, from a simple tank top and shorts to a more formal dress. They can also be worn as a cover-up at the beach or pool.
- They are stylish– Kimonos come in various styles, from classic to trendy. You can find kimonos with floral prints, geometric patterns, or solid colors.
- They are comfortable– Kimonos come in a variety of styles, from classic to trendy. You can find kimonos with floral prints, geometric patterns, or solid colors.
- They are affordable– Kimonos can be found at various price points, from budget-friendly to high-end.
- They are easy to care for- Most kimonos can be machine-washed and dried, making them low-maintenance.
Here are a few ways to style a Kimono
- Pair a Kimono with a simple tank top and shorts (if you wear them).
- Wear a Kimono over a skirt and heels
- Use a Kimono as a cover-up at the beach or pool
- Layer a Kimono over a dress or top for warmth in the evening
- Use a belt over a Kimono to give it a fitted look.
I am catching up on some work things that are due this week. I love writing this blog and feel like it is my baby, but brands don’t want blogs as much anymore as they want Instagram, Instagram Reels, and TikTok. I have to do those things for that reason, but I don’t enjoy shooting the Reels and editing them. It’s pretty much above my pay grade and stresses me out! It’s a lot of work and very frustrating (for me). Do you all still read many blogs, or are you going the way of the world…down the rabbit hole of being sucked in at all times? It’s a strange place we live in!
I hope you all have a great day! Stay well and Be safe! xx
Photos: Beckley & Co
TEE // KIMONO // JEANS (similar) // SANDALS (which I own in 5 colors) // BELT (similar) // BAG (similar)
Attention all webheads: I have some good news from the world—or should I say worlds—of Spider-Man. The insane images…